Friday, May 30, 2008

Ma gandesc

Isaiah 64:3

3 For when you did awesome things that we did not expect,
you came down, and the mountains trembled before you.
(NIV)

We expect so much out of God. Our prayers are full of expectations. God I need this. God I want this. God intervine here. God bring this person to know you. God this is a huge problem, help.
God I want a husband/wife. God we want a child. God we have financial troubles.
God my work situation is awful. God ministry is drowning me. God come closer. God I want to know You more. God I want to be in Your presence more.

So your expectation list may look or be similar to some of these. Regardless, you have expectations every day. I have the same.

This verse from Isaiah has really challenged me though, to realize that God wants to do more than what I could ever bring before Him as an expectation. Awesome things. Awesome things.
Meaning, what I'm bringing before God is nowhere near what He can or what He wants to do.
That unknown - that's the awesome. The expectations we are bringing before God - they don't even touch 'awesome.' The thought of that puts me in awe. The thought of that makes me want to grab my heart, put it before Jesus and say "Change it oh Lord! Change it! Make it only want the unexpected!"

What does it speak to you?

No comments: