Monday, August 4, 2008

Ma gandesc...

...about the Desert song off from the new Hillsong album that will come out tomorrow. You can hear the story behind the song and watch the video of it HERE.
When I worship something different happens with me and God. It's like He created me to best communicate with Him, and Him with me during worship. 2 nights ago I came upon that YouTube link with this song and it was a major time of me coming into His presence...
The words of this song really seemed to echo where I am and where I want to be. Singing these words to Him was a time of me admitting where I am not and where I am, letting Him comfort me and challenge me to a greater depth of relationship with Him.

Here's some from the song...
"You are still God, I have a reason to worship."
Isaiah 48
Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, whom I called!
I am he; I am the first
and I am the last.
My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens;
when I call to them they stand forth together.

Still God. This is the God that is still God.
Are we to a point in our relationships with God that r-e-g-a-r-d-l-e-s-s of our circumstances we can sing that line. That we can worship Him because He is the "I AM", He is the first and the last. He can tell the earth and heaven to freakin' stand forth together before Him!

Honestly, I want to say that my relationship with God is at this point. That even in the worst Job turn of life that I could sing this Desert song to Him.... If Caleb were taken from me tomorrow could I sing?

It's hard to admit, sometimes, where you are at. Yeah?

Where are you at today?

No comments: